We know that German is one of the most difficult languages to learn. German grammar has the potential to make your life really hard and possibly even bring you the odd sleepless night! Long, complicated words make learning vocabulary tough - German can be tricky to get your head around!
busuu will make sure you feel 100% comfortable with our effective German course.
How busuu makes learning German easier
- Community of 80 million people. Do you have trouble pronouncing all those long German words? Get help from native German speakers! Send your exercises to native speakers for correction and help others who are learning your native language.
- Mobile apps. busuu’s apps are available on Android and iOS. And we have a website, too! What’s more, on your mobile, you don’t need an internet connection in order to study. Just download your lessons in advance and study anytime, anywhere with the Offline Mode.
- Official certificates. Get internationally recognised certificates from McGraw-Hill Education when you finish a level in the German course. You can add them to your LinkedIn profile or impress a potential employer.
Tips on German learning
Anna, busuu's German language expert, shows how to pronounce the most difficult words and sounds in German.
She explains the difference between the following letters:
- ö, ü, ä;
- ß, s, z (reißen, reisen, reizen)
Go to our YouTube channel to watch more videos about German language learning.
How to motivate yourself to learn German
If you always lack time…
Busy schedule? Always in a hurry? Not a problem - you can still learn German and improve your skills significantly. At busuu, we believe that you need just 10 minutes a day to master a language. With our app you can study during your lunch break or on the train home.
If you don’t want to spend a fortune…
Online language learning is much cheaper than language schools or paying for a private tutor. You could even put the money you saved towards visiting your dream destination and practise German in real life situations. How about visiting the vibrant German capital Berlin, having a beer in Munich or enjoying the opera in Vienna?
If you need a personal approach…
Do you feel like you’ve spent a lot of time studying German and are still not seeing any results? It's possible you're not making much progress because you are not learning about topics that interest you. With busuu you can choose any topic you’re interested in - from culture and politics to sports and food? With our online language course you can improve your German in any area you like.
Have fun while learning German
German music - your best chance at learning effortlessly
- Rammstein - party like a German while singing along to "Du hast";
- O Tannenbaum - sing along to the most famous German Christmas song;
- Helene Fischer - the mix of party pop and repetitive language will help you practise your German skills;
German movies - watch them without subtitles to improve your German
- Lola rennt - speed up your progress and improve your skills with this German classic;
- Das Leben der Anderen - learn more about surveillance and privacy in Germany's past;
- Die Legende von Paul und Paula - enjoy German chancellor Angela Merkel’s favourite film;
These users already learn German with busuu
busuu helped me to reach a certain level in German in a very short period of time. Before I didn't know a single word! But now I can build small dialogues and communicate with my friends in a German-speaking environment.
A great program to learn a language. It is super interesting, easy and entertaining. Practical examples and exercises are supported by pictures and audios. I’ve never enjoyed learning German as much as I do with busuu.
busuu is an excellent app for learning languages. In addition to vocabulary and grammar tips, the exercises are well-constructed. The most amazing feature is the corrections from native speakers. It’s a perfect place to make new friends!
“Must Have App”
Bloomberg Business Innovators 2016
“Quicker, Smarter, Better“
Learn anytime, anywhere. Even offline
Take busuu with you and make use of any spare moments to keep learning. Queueing for a coffee? Waiting for a friend? Even on the journey to work - just download your lessons and learn with Offline Mode!
As seen on TVWatch now