List of the most famous language proficiency tests
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
You should pass this test if you want to study in the US or Canada. Universities often require a score of above 550. You can take it online or as a paper-based version.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
This exam is popular in the UK. Participants are provided with an overall score from 1 (non-user) to 9 (expert user), as well as a score for each section. To study at the university you should get at least 7 points.
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication)
If you want to work abroad, this test is widely recognized by corporations worldwide for measuring employees’ English level.
- BEC (Cambridge Business English Certificate)
This test is perfect if you want to start your own business abroad. It covers skills necessary for business situations, like making presentations, negotiating, or writing business letters and reports.
How are busuu's levels correlated with international exams?!
McGraw-Hill certificate ...
- is a proof of your skills, certified by McGraw-Hill Education, one of the world’s largest education companies.
- measures your understanding of the core topics in A1, A2, B1 and B2.
- tests your comprehension skills and productive skills.
- gives you a result from a C- to an A+
Why do I need a certificate?
Build skills and your career
Impress your employer with a verified certificate. Achieve more in your career by learning a foreign language!
It's your extra motivation. Working towards a certificate keeps you engaged.
Share your achievement
Add your result to your LinkedIn account or share the news on social media.