On average, people who speak two or more languages earn more than people who only speak one.
Albert Saiz, a Harvard PhD in economics, published a paper concluding that people who speak a second language earn around 3% more than people who don't.
Language skills are so important for businesses and the economy in general that Cardiff University Professor James Foreman-Peck calculates the lack of proficiency in foreign languages in the UK costs the country £48bn annually. This is because the lack of other langauges restricts many companies to only doing business with other English-speaking companies.
Why not learn another language now and get a salary boost?
Get started with busuu!
busuu unites more than 65 million users from all around the world, who help each other to improve in their second language.
busuu offers a variety of features to make the process of learning a language faster and more efficient. The official McGraw-Hill Education language certificates are a great way to stand out with your CV and LinkedIn profile.
With busuu you can learn anywhere: at your desk or on the go.
Don’t forget to follow these tips to guarantee your salary raise:
1. Make sure your manager knows that you can speak multiple languages.
2. Add it to your CV or post it on your Linkedin profile.
3. Finish a level on busuu and get an official McGraw-Hill certificate that you can use as proof of your language skills.
4. Need a higher score? You can revise the level and then repeat the test every 2 weeks to improve your score.
5. Make sure your manager hears you speaking another language.