On average, people who speak two or more languages earn more than people who only speak one.
Albert Saiz, a Harvard PhD in economics, published a paper concluding that people who speak a second language earn around 3% more than people who don't.
Language skills are so important for businesses and the economy in general that Cardiff University Professor James Foreman-Peck calculates the lack of proficiency in foreign languages in the UK costs the country £48bn annually. This is because the lack of other langauges restricts many companies to only doing business with other English-speaking companies.
Why not learn another language now and get a salary boost?
Get started with busuu!
busuu unites more than 80 million users from all around the world, who help each other to improve in their second language.
busuu offers a variety of features to make the process of learning a language faster and more efficient. The official McGraw-Hill Education language certificates are a great way to stand out with your CV and LinkedIn profile.
Features and certificates:
With busuu you can learn anywhere: at your desk or on the go.
Mobile and web:
Don’t forget to follow these tips to guarantee your salary raise:
1. Make sure your manager knows that you can speak multiple languages.
2. Add it to your CV or post it on your Linkedin profile.
3. Finish a level on busuu and get an official McGraw-Hill certificate that you can use as proof of your language skills.
4. Need a higher score? You can revise the level and then repeat the test every 2 weeks to improve your score.
5. Make sure your manager hears you speaking another language.
Learn anytime, anywhere. Even offline
Take busuu with you and make use of any spare moments to keep learning. Queueing for a coffee? Waiting for a friend? Even on the journey to work - just download your lessons and learn with Offline Mode!
As seen on TVWatch now