Want to maintain a healthy mind and good memory?
You just need to learn a new language!
Yes, it is that easy!
Research from the University of Edinburgh shows that the process of learning a language can delay cognitive decline by 4.5 years. This effect is observed even in people who are illiterate and in people with just a basic knowledge of their second language. Therefore, it is not caused by the general level of education but by the process of switching to a different mental framework and way of thinking. Also, you don’t need to be fluent, your brain will benefit enormously if you just learn the basics of a new language.
What are you waiting for? Start learning a new language with busuu now!
How can you learn a language?
- At busuu, you can learn a new language in just 10 minutes a day in a simple and interactive way.
- Social interaction is the best way. With busuu, you can interact with native speakers and get feedback on your spoken and written language.
- You can strengthen your vocabulary with busuu’s Vocabulary Trainer and chat with native speakers in the busuu community!
- Prefer speaking? With “Conversations” you can record yourself and send it to busuu’s community to get feedback on your pronunciation from native speakers.
- Stay motivated. Language learning has so many positive effects even if you are not fluent in your new language. Be patient with yourself and keep studying every day.
Learn anytime, anywhere. Even offline
Take busuu with you and make use of any spare moments to keep learning. Queueing for a coffee? Waiting for a friend? Even on the journey to work - just download your lessons and learn with Offline Mode!
As seen on TVWatch now