Description: Lightly coated pieces of chicken with a hint of citrus served with a tangy tomato-based sauce.
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 green onions, sliced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup half & half
2 1/2 cup flour
peel from 1/4 orange, julienne into 1/8" strips
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add minced garlic and green onoins and let cook for about 1 minute.
2. Add tomato sauce, water, sugar, Sriracha and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Let the oil heat to 375 degrees F.
4. Combine beaten egg with half & half in a medium bowl. Pour flower into another bowl. Coat the chicken pieces by dropping them into the flour a few at a time, then into the egg mixture and then back into the flour again. Place the coated chicken on a plate until you have coated all of the chicken.
5. Cook the chicken in small batches in the oil until lightly golden brown on all sides. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
6. Discard the oil from the wok and then place the wok back on the burner over medium heat. Add the orange peel and cook for a minute to allow the oils to be released. Then add the sauce and chicken and cook briefly until heated through.
7. Serve with white or brown rice.
@ Zeco, dass hier ist das einzige Rezept das ich auch sehen kann, die andere sehe ich leider nicht :(
ill send to u in message